boston planning & development agency
TITLE: PROGRAM MANAGER FOR BOSTON SAVES, CHILDREN’S SAVINGS ACCOUNTS
DEPARTMENT/DIVISION: OFFICE OF WORKFORCE DEVELOPMENT/ OWD
SUMMARY: OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
Under the direction of the Director of the Office of Workforce Development, the Boston Public Schools, and the Mayor’s Office of New Urban Mechanics, the Boston Saves Program Manager will be responsible for the supervision, operation, and administration of Boston Saves, Boston’s Children’s Savings Account program.
Under the leadership of Mayor Martin J. Walsh, Boston City Hall is committed to ensuring that Boston is a city where everyone can realize their dreams and potential. It is in this context that the Office of Workforce Development, the Boston Public Schools, and the New Urban Mechanics (the City’s innovation group) are collaborating to develop and deploy new services that empower Boston’s students and their families to move toward achieving their future goals.
GENERAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The general duties and responsibilities of the position are included in, but not limited to, the information listed below.
- Manages all day-to-day aspects of the Boston Saves Program; implements and evaluates changes to improve program results, operations, and efficiencies; determines and implements policies, procedures, best practices, priorities, and performance standards; and manages and oversees program evaluation, data-tracking efforts, research, and reporting;
- Employs a people-centric approach to improve existing offerings and toward exploring new features or services;
- Collaborates with the Office of Workforce Development, Boston Public Schools, New Urban Mechanics, other city agencies, and community partners to set the strategic direction for Boston Saves; develops goals and objectives for this strategic direction; and identifies and implements the means to meet these goals and objectives;
- Except where reserved by the Office of Workforce Development, serves as the main point of contact for all key relationships for Boston Saves program including the Boston Public Schools, other City agencies, financial institutions, institutes of higher education, community groups, non-profits, private industry, evaluators, vendors, national stakeholders, other present and potential program partners, and -- most importantly -- participating families and students;
- Manages and oversees development and maintenance of technology tools;
- Designs, leads and implements all student, family, and community outreach, engagement, and marketing efforts, including social media management, school-based and community-/neighborhood-based engagement efforts, and use of digital media and technologies, in order to drive program participation and increase savings rates;
- Develops and implements fundraising strategies to raise funds from private, corporate, and individual philanthropy; manages funder relationships, tracks grants and produces grant reports;
- Develops and manages the program budget, including tracking invoices, grants, and all other financial aspects of the program; develops contracts and scopes of work for program partners, such as those with financial institution(s), technology provider(s), community partners, and other vendors contractors and grantees;
- Manages Boston Saves volunteers and handles relevant personnel-related administrative tasks; and
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Work requres completion of Bachelor's degree (Master’s degree preferred)
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in government services or non-profit programming, community relations, and institutional advancement
- Experience managing programs in a government or non-profit environment
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience working with children, families, and schools in an urban setting
- Ability to organize and manage input and feedback from multiple stakeholders
- Ability to work independently and adapt to changing priorities in a highly flexible work environment
- Proficiency with financial technologies and database management
- Willingness to work occasional and seasonal nights and weekend
Event management experience
Normal office environment.
Little or no exertion; occasional local travel.
**BOSTON RESIDENCY IS A CONDITION OF EMPLOYMENT**