boston planning & development agency
TITLE: TALENT ACQUISITION RECRUITER
DEPARTMENT/DIVISION: HUMAN RESOURCE/A&F
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Talent Acquisition Recruiter will be responsible for recruiting best-in-class candidates for openings that span multiple levels and departments across the Boston Planning and Development Agency. The successful Recruiter will be considered a strategic partner and work closely with Hiring Managers and HR Director to ensure that hiring meets business needs and objectives, while proactively managing multiple projects simultaneously.
The Recruiter will proactively source diverse talent for professional and management positions using innovative methods that include research, social networking, targeted direct calls, attending and networking at diversity conferences/events, job fairs, community and campus organizations, and other professional networks.
GENERAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
General duties and responsibilities of the position are included in but not limited to the information listed below
- Support full-life cycle recruitment needs across the agency including sourcing, selection and offer development, ensuring that every stage, from the initial staff requisition to final appointment, is carried out in accordance with agency operating procedures and in adherence to best practice principles.
- Work in close partnership with HR Director and hiring managers during talent strategy discussions to fully understand current workforce demographics, business needs and the approach in the market to build a strong diverse pipeline of candidates.
- Execute sourcing strategies necessary to build a qualified and diverse candidate pool, by utilizing resume databases, networks, social media, internal databases, employee referrals, warm and cold calling, school diversity groups, alumni, job/career fairs, and other related professionals to expand and improve diversity recruiting efforts.
- Have a professional social media presence to attract and engage potential candidates
- Evaluate candidate skills and experiences to match core competencies with key hiring requirements; assess motivational and culture fit; provide constructive and thoughtful feedback to hiring managers for internal and external candidate reviews and recommendations.
- Ensure a positive candidate experience throughout the full recruitment life cycle.
- Develop, mentor and coach the hiring manager to build relationships and identify, attract and select top talent; contribute to interview training initiatives.
- Determine diversity recruiting effectiveness though reporting and data analytics; ability to analyze data, spot trends and use data to help tell the story of what HR is accomplishing or identify potential issues; develop metrics to track and analyze initiatives while identifying future trends.
- Prepares, maintains and submits status reports to HR Director
- Participate in job fairs, information sessions and special recruiting events, as needed
- Perform other related duties and projects as required
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 5+ years of experience, ideally a mix of agency and corporate recruiting (full-life cycle).
- Experience recruiting for niche positions, building, driving and executing strategic recruiting plans with deliverables and metrics.
- Prior experience in developing targeted diversity recruiting strategies and implementing global approaches to attract and hire the right talent at the right time
- Proficiency and passion for research and sourcing through direct channels, social media, internet sourcing, name generation research and networking
- Ability to execute recruiting strategy, including employer branding, candidate management, diversity sourcing, and interview process management.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills with varied audiences
- Sound judgment, high integrity, and ability to maintain strict confidentiality
- Ability to work with hiring managers on gathering / eliciting needs, and implementing hiring plans to achieve goals while understanding the unconscious bias in the recruiting process
- Experience with utilizing a variety of Sourcing tools.
- Understanding and adoption of recruiting data / metrics, with desire to exceed expectations.
- Experience with managing and prioritizing multiple searches, projects, and agency relationships; superior customer service skills.
- Strong closure abilities as well as organizational and negotiation skills.
- Strong project management skills are critical.
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office suite and experience with Applicant Tracking System (iCIMS), ADP, and Sage ABRA database programs preferred.
- Knowledge of compensation and benefits is helpful.
- Must be able to travel locally
Normal office environment.
Little or no exertion; may spend extended periods at keyboard.
**BOSTON RESIDENCY IS A CONDITION OF EMPLOYMENT**