boston planning & development agency
TITLE: PROJECT MANAGER / BUSINESS ANALYST
DIVISION/DEPARTMENT: MANAGEMENT INFO. SERVICES/MANAGEMENT INFO. SERVICES
Under the direction of the Chief Information Officer (CIO), the Project Manager/ Business Analyst will assess and capture requirements with internal customers, develop user stories, and work with software developers to aid in design and help produce quality enterprise software solutions and processes. Additionally, this position will provide excellent technical support for all applications and processes assigned. Specifically, become not just a PM for the applications and processes, but a Subject Matter Expert (SME). This is a hybrid role combining project management, application support, business analytics, and Scrum Master for the software development team.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The general duties and responsibilities of the position are included in but not limited to the information listed below
- Drives projects end to end from creative concept through final implementation and deployment.
- Acquires, understands and translates internal customer needs into actionable developmental plans partnering with software architects, support specialists, and developers.
- Initiates the design to deployment of the operational and technical aspects of all project plans.
- Partners with business and other IT team members to set deadlines, assign responsibilities, monitor and summarize progress of projects.
- Prepares weekly project status updates and timeline analysis for internal customers and business leaders.
- Supplies system, process and data analysis to internal customers and leadership as needed.
- Actively minimizes and controls scope creep on all working projects. Guides team to increase efficiencies and meet deadlines.
- Coaches team members to a higher level of success that is sustainable and meets business goals; utilizes current Project Management Body Of Knowledge (PMBOK) standard methodologies.
- Solves problems; supplies information and suggests options prior to getting software developers involved.
- Is the IT domain expert (SME) and Analyst on all assigned projects and processes.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in lieu of degree.
- 1+ years’ in IT project management or Analyst or similar background.
- 3+ years' proven strong technical experience within an IT team.
- Experience with application and process development.
- Experience with a SDLC (Assess, Design, Development, Test, Deploy).
- Experience in process mapping/ process flow/ process modeling
- Strong Data driven analysis.
- Strong interpersonal, multitasking, communication, relationship building skills.
- Experience with an Agile methodology.
- PMP certification is a plus.
- Experience with Salesforce is a plus
Normal Office Environment
Little or no exertion
**BOSTON RESIDENCY IS A CONDITION OF EMPLOYMENT**