boston planning & development agency
**BOSTON RESIDENCY IS A CONDITION OF EMPLOYMENT**
TITLE: OFFICE SERVICES COORDINATOR
STATUS: NON - EXEMPT
DEPARTMENT/DIVISION: COMPLIANCE / ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICES
A city of opportunity! Would you like to play a part in shaping the city of Boston and enjoy an engaging and exciting career focused on creating the future of Boston while respecting its past? The Boston Planning & Development Agency is a self-sustaining agency focused on constantly improving and developing this wonderful city by making it a better place to live, work and play.
The Compliance Department manages the archival and digital transfer of documents and files for the City of Boston on all BPDA related matters.
Under the direction of the Director of Compliance the Office Services Coordinator provides administrative and facilities support throughout the agency. This individual is expected to maintain mail/copy room and process any outgoing mail and packages in accordance with postal and carrier regulations. A daily check-in with direct supervisor for immediate needs or assignments and perform routine facility repairs and maintenance.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide office, administrative and facilities support at Boston City Hall, 43 Hawkins Street, 7 Palmer and 22 Drydock Avenue
- Pick up, sort and deliver mail, including interoffice mail/correspondence. Process outgoing mail and packages in accordance with postal or other carrier regulations; prepare for timely pick up. Maintain postage machines ready for use; prepare requests for checks for postage machines. Deliver mail to BPDA/EDIC site offices.
- Maintain and replenish mail/copy machine supplies. Unload and store supplies upon deliver from office supply vendor and other vendors.
- Perform routine maintenance for office areas, including replacing light bulbs and water containers, and perform other housekeeping functions as needed in common areas which includes cleaning refrigerators and microwaves and general office area clean up.
- Set up Board Room for monthly BPDA/EDIC Board Meetings as well as other various meetings. Work with Executive Secretary’s Office to ensure additional seating is provided outside of Board Room with chairs and tables as needed.
- Maintain BPDA vehicles at various City Hall locations and ensure that they are kept clean in good working order. Notify Supervisor of Administrative Services of all service issues.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Completion of High School Diploma
- Minimum of 3 years of work related experience
- Valid driver’s license
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS & WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Standard office environment; occasional site visits, occasional local travel
- Frequent lifting and carrying of boxes weighing 50lbs
** BOSTON RESIDENCY IS A CONDITION OF EMPLOYMENT**
BPDA is an EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
- 4 weeks paid vacation
- 4 personal days
- 15 sick days
- medical, dental, and eye coverage
- short-term and long-term disability
- Retirement plans
- Partial parental leave pay
- Professional development and education yearly budget
- Supportive, collaborative work environment