Boston Planning & Development Agency | Department of Youth Engagement & Employment
Boston Parks & Recreation and Public Works | SuccessLink Leader for Blueshirts
This is a temporary, summer position.
Brief Job Description (essential function of the job):
The City of Boston Department of Youth Engagement & Employment is seeking a seasonal SuccessLink Leader to support the SuccessLink Blueshirts Summer Program managed by Boston Parks & Recreation and Public Works
Under the direction of the Blueshirts Program Director or his/her designee, this position will supervise and assist youth ages 15-18 outdoors with unskilled manual labor work in various city locations.
- Ensures all youth sign in/out daily
- Answers questions, assigns tasks and works in collaboration with youth
- Oversees daily tasks to ensure work plan is completed
- Communicates with Regional Supervisors on a daily basis with any questions or issues that arise
- Assists with cleaning, sweeping, removal of trash and debris and clearing sidewalks and pathways
- Coordinates daily tool pick up and drop off at sites
- Coordinates daily trash and debris pick up
- Completes assigned projects
- Performs related work as required
Minimum Entrance Qualifications:
- SuccessLink Leaders must be between the ages of 19-24.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, particularly with young
- Ability to interact effectively with community based managers to assist in the youth employment program implementation.
- Strong ability to organize and prioritize work as
- Additional specific qualifications may be needed, based on individual site
- Ability to exercise good judgment and focus on detail as required by the
C.O.R.I check required. S.O.R.I check required. Boston Residency Required
Hourly rate: $14.75 Hours per week: 30
Duration: July 6, 2020 - August 14, 2020