Boston Planning & Development Agency
**BOSTON RESIDENCY IS A CONDITION OF EMPLOYMENT**
TITLE: WEB DEVELOPER / SALESFORCE DEVELOPER
DEPARTMENT/DIVISION: MANAGEMENT INFORMATION SYSTEMS/MIS
A city of opportunity! In partnership with communities, the BPDA plans Boston’s future while respecting its past. By guiding physical, social, and economic change and equality in Boston’s neighborhoods, the BPDA seeks to shape a more prosperous, resilient, and vibrant city for all.
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Reporting int the Management Information Systems department this role will oversee the implementation of data integration and strategic IT. Mission critical projects as it relates to MIS as well. Full-time position.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Create and execute VisualForce. Apex Code and Salesforce incorporation.
- Oversee the implementation of a data integration strategy connecting salesforce.com with an external system.
- Maintain user roles and security in salesforce.
- Create data visualization dashboards and business intelligence reporting solutions using tableau and salesforce
- Actively contribute to CRM delivery sprint cycles, taking lead on solutions requiring apex development.
- Speak to and train on salesforce development best practices.
- . Test, track, and troubleshoot bugs as they arise and communicate with project owners and team on issue resolutions. Participate in user story requirements gathering activities, technical discovery/solutions meetings, and team development sprints
- Implement responsive page layouts and user interfaces using bootstrap or similar front-end frameworks.
- Create database-driven web applications from layout to function according to wireframes, design mockups and functional specifications
- Create and modify Kentico CMS page templates and page components.
- Create data visualization dashboards and business intelligence reporting solutions.
- Perform routine maintenance of existing sites and applications as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer engineering, computer science, or closely related field and two years of experience in Salesforce platform
- Active Salesforce developer certification or ability to achieve certification upon hire.
- Boston residency required
- 24 months of experience with Apex, Visual Force, Visual Workflow, and/or Lightning components to create unique customer-based solutions.
- 24 months of experience with web services development or Salesforce APIs rest or soap or bulk.
- 12 months experience with Salesforce configuration capabilities and the ability to recommend best practices and identify areas where custom development is required.
- Be able to apply object-oriented analysis and design, database design and software development life cycle.
- 24 months of experience working with .net technologies (C#).
Normal office environment.
Little or no exertion
** BOSTON RESIDENCY IS A CONDITION OF EMPLOYMENT**