Title: Virtual Tax Services Intern
Summary: Spring 2022 (Paid)
Mission of Organization:
The mission of the Boston Tax Help Coalition is to broaden pathways from poverty to financial empowerment by maximizing the impact of the earned income and other tax credits through quality, free tax preparation, financial education and economic stability opportunities.
The Virtual Tax Services Intern will work directly with the BTHC’s Operations Manager to oversee the platform in order to provide virtual, contact-free tax preparation services to low and moderate-income taxpayers across Massachusetts. The intern will assist with various administrator-level tasks associated with BTHC’s Virtual Tax Preparation platform.
Roles and responsibilities include:
- Attend all necessary virtual tax platform trainings in order to become fully versed in its use
- Assist with the ongoing training and onboarding of BTHC partner sites as well as volunteers and other staff
- Assist with the development of training and resource materials for the virtual tax services platform
- Become IRS VITA tax certified using training materials, presentations, and resources provided by BTHC
- Assist with the creation and maintenance of user accounts
- Assist with the routing of clients to various tax site and user accounts depending on availability and certification requirements
- Help ensure that clients are receiving timely service from participating BTHC partners
- Act as liaison between BTHC and developers of the Virtual Tax Services platform on matters pertaining to user maintenance, client services, and partner training and onboarding
- Communicate with tax clients when needed
- Good listener and actively shows an interest in someone else's opinions or thoughts
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with a positive, enthusiastic attitude
- Strong organization skills, with the ability to prioritize and work under strict deadlines
- Ability to take initiative and work independently as well as within a team environment
- Medium to high proficiency in online-based software systems
- 16-24 hours a week from January – April 2022, flexible. End date is contingent on Federal filing deadline.